Friday, December 14, 2007

India on Wheels !!

There was a time when I was a true follower of the following lines
"Almost all men can stand adversity but if you want to test a man's character give him power "

Some engineer gave the Indians the power to drive and I tell you they have done pathetic..!!
I have yet to see a man or a woman drive the way a car or a bike should be driven.I can really say my Dad is an exception .Anyways leaving him aside ,lets talk about whats happening on the roads.. If you make a donkey drive car it will do better. How many of us have seen the cars meandering right n front of our eyes. How many of us have seen the bike zigzagging as if this was a street act ..Yet my friends we have not even 1 formula one racer and well India on bikes is complete no-no . All these Narayan Kartikayein and so so are to be found on Delhi roads only .
From jumping Red lights to U turns on no turns ,Indians on road are all over the place . An Engineer gives you a flyover and we really know how to make use of it .Use it for late night car and bike races and then end up getting killed or badly injured in accidents .
If urban people are racers villagers aren't doing any better you give them railway crossings and then end up squandering away their life just to save that two mins. I think even Warren Buffet wouldn't be that busy.
How many of us know that the white lines on the roads are not for decorations but actually they are for lane driving ..Sounds Greek right ..I know I know ..
I really wish that our drivers were exposed to some more stringent laws and if not atleast more strict law enforcement agencies.
Anyways drive safely ....

No comments: