Saturday, November 17, 2007

As the world sleeps ..


Sleep perhaps is the most important activity and if you ask any of those fitness gurus ..Mandatory line "Sleep for atleast 8-10 hours at a stretch.." Well I think if these gurus come down to NIT\JNU\IIT they would just handcuff all of us ..!! Well as I begin to write this its almost 2:31 am with my gtalk status "waiting " ...LBC "wink wink "is still to log on so you never know till when we will be up..Well we two are not the only culprits..My two dear roomies are even worse.. One is somewhere playing Counterstrike while the other is my DJ for the night ..Night was beautiful till the last song "Chaudvi ka chand ho ..yah aftaab ho ..jo bhi ho khuda ki kasam lajawab ho ..uummmm..feel like humming it all night ..and then a change in the mood ..add some pep to it "Apni toh jaise taise ..thodi aise ya waise ..Amitabh 's classic .. " Poison..Led Zeppelin ..John Denver ..All the flavors for the night the whole night long ..!! Isn't it amazing when at home life retreats back to the bedroom maximum by 11:30 pm ..Institutes like these nurture some real night hawks for the future ..Hey change in song ..love you DJ .."choo lene toh najuk hoton ko..kuch aur nahin jaam hain yeh .."
That daily cup of coffee at 3am .. All gratitude to the daring Nescafe walla..Those groogy eyes all the day..10 minute so called power naps all day ..are all an outcome of these ghastly routines..
Well I know if my parents or relatives read this ..A good scolding is on its way the very next day .. But well isn't this the best parts of being on the campus..I remember atleast a dozen movies that I have myself started seeing at say 3am ... Latest being Om Shanti Om..Well must say it was not worth the efforts ...
When late nights are being discussed ..2 very important "events " are being missed..
The Bihari gang card game ..(28\29)..which has given us the elusive Sunday's Breakfast..Ofocurse if you are up all night playing cards and realize only at 7am that its time to pack up ..Then you are bound to hit the mess sharp at 7:30am..
And the one is perhaps not at all my favorite ...in NIT Lingo "night outs" before exams..I simply hate them ..because perhaps they are the only one's where I actually start feeling sleepy..Urrggss..I hate them..
well its 2:54now and things have drastically changed..My DJ has gone mad " tang karne ka tuse nata hai gujaria ...kaun disha mein le ke chala hai baturia " thats playing in my room..LBC is no where to be found ...Even this laptop is hating me for keeping it "awake " till 2:57 am..Looks like it time when yours truly night hawk hits his bed.. I beg your pardon..Sleeps.After all hitting the sack and sleeping are two altogether different processes..In the true words of a mathematician "two independent events .." Wait wait wait twist in the tale ..my Counter Strike freak friend is back in the room and what else could have wished for at sharp 3am ..A nice home made ladoo..
And his PC is being booted in the meanwhile ..So looks like for AD-105 in Dhauladhar Hostel its still not time to hang the boots ,well quite literally I must say ..
Looks like LBC has plans for me ..Boy You have got timing ..May you live a 1000 years .As I was in the middle of the above sentence mentioning the great LBC.The phone rang and who else but the great LBC was on phone ..!! .So adios people..Good night ..Well Good morning would be more pleasant at 3:37 am..

1 comment:

amITsingh said...

hey the blog looks as a personal one but i personally feel that u first get famous in blogging make a good blog which ppl can associate u wit....
then only ppl will be interested in knowing the personal side of u..or else frankly speaking who the hell cares about just another blog about some sandy/mandy scriblling about himself...remenber first impression is last impression.
u can look forward to me for help u need any.
see my blogs.(as per popularity)
http://bobivibe.com
http://uniquepeak.blogspot.com
http://bookwormcafe.wordpress.com
http://mysportscenter.wordpress.com
http://gizmosnews.blogspot.com